my burogu

How it's going, like.

Friday, October 06, 2006

久しぶりですね

So, I haven't written anything in ages.
Summer passed fast in Hokkaido with the neko and kayochans...........



Then, I moved to Shizuoka - my nice new flat, and all ready to start my new job at Shizuoka Kita High School when I suddenly realised......I'd misread the expiry date of my visa. It expired 2 days prior to me noticing. I can't quite describe how I felt. I franticly searched the internet for information about what to do, and could find nothing positive at all. I read things like this and started to panic. I fully expected deportation. Miraculously, it didn't turn out that way. I went to see the immigration authoroties and my new school came too. We submitted an application for a visa renewal. They accepted it, and 12 days later I was no longer a criminal, and allowed to start working again.

So...I've started working at a new school - It was a bit of a baptism of fire after the non-stress of a long holiday followed by the stress of my visa problems. The kids can be very hard work sometimes - though sometimes they can be could fun too. I've been there 3 weeks and am starting to enjoy it. I had a good day today, anyway.

It's great being closer to Kayo, and I've spent a lot of time at her parents house over the past month. The're incredibly kind to me, I don't know how I can ever repay their kindness. Her dad's hilarious. Everytime I arrive, within 1 minute of me setting foot in the door he's saying "飲む?" which means "drink?" and offering me a beer. Legend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home